Two marketing trends you need to know about for 2020
I can’t believe we’re approaching the end of yet another year. Each one seems to go faster than the last and if you’re anything like me, you just never got around to doing half the things you wanted to.
As we wave goodbye to 2019 in just a few short months, we welcome a whole new decade. With that brings some exciting new developments in the world of marketing. What are some of the top trends you can expect to see coming your way in 2020?
Shoppable posts on social media
A whopping 72% of Instagram users say they’ve purchased a product after seeing it being advertised or featured on the site. With the likes of Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest introducing shoppable posts, this number is likely to increase further and by 2020, it’s a concept which is expected to be the norm.
What are shoppable posts?
If you scroll through a brand’s Instagram page, you may notice that some images have a white shopping bag icon. This tells you that the post in question is a shoppable post.
Simply click once on the image and it will tell you what the product is and how much it costs. Click on it again and it will take you straight to the website where you can purchase the product.
Many businesses are quick to dismiss social media because they think it’s had its day but it does in fact offer you the ability to reach new customers quickly and easily. Now the sales funnel has been shortened further, it’s easier than ever for followers to shop directly from your posts, thus making them more likely to convert into paying customers.
Find out how to sell on Instagram using shoppable posts and how you can increase Ecommerce sales with Instagram shoppable.
Content marketing remains one of the most effective ways to attract and engage audiences. 86% of B2B marketers say it plays an important role in their marketing strategy and 70% are creating more content today than they were a year ago.
In an internet filled with blogs, emails and social media posts, the challenge is getting your content noticed and read. Interactive content is tipped to be huge in 2020 because it’s unique, keeps visitors on your page for longer, it’s sharable and importantly, it’s far more engaging.
What exactly is interactive content however?
Rather than a static piece of text, interactive content provides more of an experience. It’s something audiences can engage with to provide a more tailored experience. Few of us can resist the urge to test ourselves, compete, compare, share our opinion and have a little fun which is why this type of content works so well.
Some examples include:
· Interactive infographics such as The Enlightened Happy Hour. You simply enter the alcoholic drink you’ve had and it tells you the calorie and alcohol content
· Interactive video. This is a great example from Deloitte which puts a fun spin on recruitment. It helps candidates determine if they’re a good cultural fit for the company as viewers are presented with a number of scenarios and the video changes depending on how you would handle each
· Polls and surveys
· Assessments – these are essentially personality tests. People usually love finding out more about themselves and it also allows you to create accurate profiles on your customers
· Interactive e-books and white papers – give people the ability to click on different images for further information and input data which will lead to higher engagement
· Interactive emails – you can add counters, sliders, graphs, GIFs, videos and forms. This is a great example of an interactive email from Taco Bell
· An online chat function on your website where visitors can ask questions
· Introduce your blog with an interactive table of contents so people can click on the section they’re most interested in and it will take them straight there
It can feel like an ongoing challenge keeping up with how quickly popular marketing practices change. Businesses that are willing to adapt and evolve are the ones who reap the rewards however because they continue to attract high quality customers in the digital world.
If you need help creating content your audience will love, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.